Preparing for Your LASIK Evaluation
How to Prepare for Your LASIK Evaluation:
- Discontinue contact lens usage 3-4 days prior to your screening.
- Lubricate your eyes with artificial tears.
- Contact your insurance company to see if they offer additional LASIK discounts. (You never know unless you ask!)
What to Expect at Your LASIK Evaluation:
- You will meet with a member of our LASIK team who will gather several measurements for your initial screening. You will not be dilated, and you do not need a driver to bring you. We will not touch your eyes for any measurement.
- To determine if you are a good candidate for LASIK or PRK, we will need to measure your current prescription, obtain a map of your cornea, and measure your corneal thickness. We want to make sure your corneas are thick enough for the correction you will need based on your prescription.
- After all measurements have been completed, we will then determine if you are a good candidate for LASIK or PRK. We will also explain the difference between LASIK and PRK.
- Once we determine your candidacy, we will be able to schedule you to meet your surgeon and attend your pre-op visit to be cleared for surgery.
- Please note: Your initial evaluation will determine if you are a good candidate based on your measurements. Your surgeon will still need to see you in order to check the health of your eyes. Your pre-op visit is still part of the screening process.
- If you are a LASIK or PRK candidate with presbyopia, you will be scheduled to get a monovision contact lens trial free of charge.