The Only Fully Integrated iLASIK Suite in Marietta
At Marietta Eye Clinic we have the only fully integrated iLASIK suite in Marietta for the safety, convenience and comfort of our patients. Our suite includes:
- IntraLase™ technology (the “I” in iLASIK) for creation of the corneal flap
- Wavefront technology for truly customized LASIK
- VISX™ CustomVue® excimer laser technology for corneal reshaping
IntraLase™ Femtosecond Laser
In traditional LASIK, the doctor uses a hand-held microkeratome metal blade to create the corneal flap (the first step in the LASIK process). We use the IntraLase laser to create this flap. This is also called iLASIK, blade-free LASIK or all-laser LASIK. This method produces safer, more accurate results and reduces flap complications.
Wavefront Technology: Custom LASIK in Georgia
One of the major LASIK technology breakthroughs of the last 10 years is the implementation of wavefront technology into LASIK, also called custom LASIK. Wavefront technology was pioneered for space science and physics to aid in reducing aberrations or imperfections in the optical systems of telescopes. In much the same way, wavefront-sensing devices are being used to produce an accurate picture of the optical imperfections found in the human eye.
Most people’s eyes suffer from distortions, commonly called aberrations:
- Low order aberrations: Common distortions corrected through conventional LASIK, glasses or contact lenses.
- High order aberrations: Imperfections that cannot be measured with standard refraction.
In the past, high order aberrations could not be treated with LASIK. Wavefront technology addresses these issues by creating a detailed 3D wavefront map of your unique eye. The information is translated into a laser pattern that is then used during the LASIK procedure to correct low and high order aberrations.
VISX™ CustomVue® Excimer Laser Technology
We have implemented the VISX Advanced CustomVue excimer laser to permanently change the shape of the cornea by removing precise, microscopic layers of tissue approximately 1/10th the width of a human hair. This cool beam laser generates power from light in the ultraviolet range. It cannot be visualized by the human eye. Because the laser does not generate any heat, there is no tissue damage or pain.
What Can Custom LASIK do for you?
- Improve overall quality, contrast and crispness of your vision
- Possibly improve your night driving vision
- Improve your chances of seeing 20/20 or better without glasses or contact lenses
CustomVue LASIK Clinical Study Results (VISX LASIK FDA STUDY)
At one year after the VISX Advanced CustomVue procedure:
- 100% of the clinical study participants could pass a driving test without glasses or contacts
- 98% of the clinical study participants could see 20/20 or better without glasses or contacts
- 70% of the clinical study participants could see 20/16 or better without glasses or contacts
Video: All-laser LASIK
There is a lot to learn about LASIK technology in Georgia. We are here to help you understand all of your options for improved vision. Contact us today to schedule your free LASIK Consultation.