Dry Eye Prevention in Marietta
It is not always possible to prevent dry eye; however, you may be able to identify certain triggers that irritate your condition. Try these tips to minimize the effects of dry eye:
- Allergy testing: our Atlanta dry eye specialists can test you for certain allergens that may aggravate your dry eyes.
- Vitamins: nutraceuticals may help prevent dry eye.
- Humidifiers: add moisture to your home or office air.
- Eye breaks: if you work for long periods on a computer or other visual tasks, try incorporating the 20/20/20 routine. Every 20 minutes, take a 20 second break and look at something 20 feet away. Remember to blink often.
- Sunglasses: wear wrap-around sunglasses when outdoors to block wind and foreign debris from getting into your eyes.
- Stop smoking: avoid direct or second-hand smoke.
- Wind and fans: avoid air positioned directly at your eyes from wind, fans or hair dryers.
- Artificial tears: these over-the-counter products may provide temporary relief.
If you are experiencing the symptoms of dry eye, contact us to schedule an eye exam today so we can diagnose your condition and help provide relief.